2/8/2019 5:30:00 PM |
Ear piercing is a common practice in many countries and different cultures. The ear lobes are one of the most delicate, dainty, and beautiful parts of the human face. The ear lobescan lightens up our facial beauty with just a simple pair of stud earrings.
However, our ear lobes are also very sensitive as they can easily tear or bruise if they frequently bear heavy earrings or experience other trauma. There are many reasons why people may get a torn ear lobe. It always starts with a widening hole in the ear lobe, and if not treated in time, turns into a full split. It is important to seek ear lobe surgery to protect your delicate earlobes from further damage. Who Should Consider Torn Ear Lobe Surgery?
Mothers of young children can easily develop a torn ear lobe if they tend to wear dangling ear jewelry. Children are quick to snatch and pull at jewels that draw their attention. There could be many other reasons, like wearing heavy earrings or a deformity, which cause your ear to split.
Your ear holes can also enlarge over time. If you’re not satisfied with how your ear lobes appear, then surgery is a safe and effective option.The Procedure
The medical process is painless, simple, and quick. The surgical area is thoroughly sterilized and cleansed using a strong anti-microbial solution, after which local anesthesia is applied. The skin cleft is carefully removed, and then the affected lobule is divided into four parts.
The lobule is then rebuilt all over again using extremely fine and intricate stitches at the back and front of the ear lobe. After the procedure, the sutures are removed in two stages over week-long intervals. By doing so, the ear lobe will be able to pick up strength quickly and regain its original appearance. Although there is minimal discomfort, there are certain post-op precautions that should be kept in mind.Post-Op Precautions
An expert surgeon will recommend avoiding any kind of piercing on the area for at least 6 months to a year. Ear lobe repair can take time, and the affected area should be left untouched. Now that the native tissue has been replaced by surgery, the new scar can tear and bruise easily.
Therefore, the person shouldn’t wear heavy, dangling earrings for a few months to allow proper healing. Some patients may also have cysts and keloids from previous piercings. These can be professionally removed during the ear lobe surgery. Patients with keloids should practice special precaution and not get a piercing on the same area.The Final Take Away
Ear lobe surgery is extremely safe and painless with a short surgical recovery period. If you’re considering ear lobe repair, choose the best expert who can perform the surgery without any issues. Get in touch with Norman B. Day, M.D., F. A. C. S, at the Day Plastic Surgery
for professional surgery and personalized expert care.
For more information on earlobe repair surgery, you may visit Dr. Norman Bakshandeh Day
at Day Plastic Surgery. You can call him at (212) 289-9191 in Manhattan where his clinic and ambulatory surgery center is located at 1035 Park Ave, New York, NY 10028, b/t 85th St & 86th St, on the Upper East Side. You can also call him at (718) 246-0130 at his office located at 142 Joralemon Street, Brooklyn, New York in downtown Brooklyn Heights next to the Brooklyn Promenade.
12/7/2018 10:30:00 PM |
Do you want to improve your vision and make your eyes appear younger? Then an eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty is just what you need! You may need fat or skin removed from the upper eyelids with muscle tightening.
A plastic surgeon can guide you about whether or not you’re a good candidate for this surgery, with the help of a thorough physical exam, as well as asking questions about your medical history.If you meet the following criteria, you may be a good candidate for eyelid surgery:
Excess fatty deposits on eyelids that lead to puffiness
Sagging or drooping of the upper eyelid skin
Fine wrinkles around your eyes or bags under eyes
You have to be in good health and aren’t suffering from a chronic health conditionHere are the benefits of eyelid surgery and why you should have a blepharoplasty:Rejuvenates Your Eyelids
The initial signs of aging appear on your eyelids. With cosmetic eyelid surgery, you can enhance the appearance of your eyes and achieve the young and fresh look. During this procedure, a surgeon will eliminate or reposition excess fat, tighten tissues and muscles, and replace the lost soft tissue volume to rejuvenate eyelids.Improves Vision
As eyelids droop, not only do they tamper with your appearance but they also obstruct vision. This problem is quite common among older people.
However, there’s nothing to worry about. At the same time that the cosmetic appearance of the eyelids is being improved, your peripheral vision is also being improved with the fat and skin removal. The plastic surgeon can also perform a tightening of the eyelid muscles to lift the upper eyelid so that your direct vision is improved.Eliminates Eye Bags
Under eye bags or what we call puffy eyes are the tell-tale signs of aging or sleeplessness. However, it’s not a lost cause and you can remove these unattractive baggy areas and dark circles with the help of blepharoplasty.Removes Eye Wrinkles
As you age, wrinkles or fine lines around the corners of your eyes become more prominent. These aging signs ruin your look like nothing else. If you worry about your appearance and want to gain a young and fresh look, then you should consider scheduling an appointment with a plastic surgeon. With simple eyelid injection and the use of BOTOX without any eyelid cosmetic surgery, you can easily get rid of eye wrinkles and fine lines around your eyes.
After the surgery is performed, you should take good care of your eyes. You may experience mild pain or swelling, but it will go away within a week or two. Blepharoplasty is a lasting procedure. Get in touch with Day Plastic Surgery
today to book an appointment for eyelid surgery.Dr. Norman Bakshandeh Day
is happy to schedule a free consultation with his patients. You can call him at (212) 289-9191 in Manhattan where his clinic and ambulatory surgery center are located at 1035 Park Ave, New York, NY 10028, b/t 85th St & 86th St. You can also call him at (718) 246-0130 at his office located at 142 Joralemon Street in downtown Brooklyn Heights next to the Brooklyn Promenade. Brooklyn Heights is one of the most desirable and beautiful neighborhoods in Brooklyn.
10/14/2018 8:48:00 PM |
Are you ready for some real celebrations and festivities this year?
With the days and weeks passing by so speedily, the holiday season will soon be here before you know it! The holidays call for lots of preparations, including pampering and beautifying yourself to look your absolute best. If you plan to work on enhancing your features and contouring your body, NOW is the right time for it!
Here are four surgical procedures that you may want to have done before the holiday season begins.
1) Earlobe repair surgery
- Do you have a torn or misshapen earlobe that makes you feel you are not as beautiful as others are? You can get it surgically repaired to enjoy the following benefits:
- Opens the door to different hairstyles and haircuts option – you would not have to cover your ear with your hair anymore
- Allows you to wear those dangling earrings again, with confidence
- Makes you feel good about your appearance and improves self-esteem
- Get rid of those clip on earrings that constantly cause your ear lobes to be irritated
- Stop losing your earrings!
- If you are overweight and do not feel good about yourself, it is time to turn the tables and enjoy this year’s celebrations filled with self-love and socializing. Liposuction offers an instant weight loss solution and has several health benefits too. Some of them include:
- Reduces inflammatory cells and cuts down the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Decreases blood fat levels
- Promotes a healthy lifestyle
- Improves self-esteem
- Promotes better mobility
- Allows for a quick recovery - 3 days or less and you are back to work and normal activities
- Enhanced energy and libido
3) Facelift and Necklift
Who doesn’t want to look younger and as fresh as ever at the festive gatherings and occasions?
This year, with a facelift, get ready to receive some great compliments and envy-worthy head turns from all around. Below are some convincing reasons for you to get a facelift procedure:
- It lifts and tightens the sagging skin
- You can get a facelift without a neck lift or a mini facelift
- Removes excess fat from the face and neck
- Removes wrinkles and fine lines
- Gives a youthful, beautiful, and revitalized facial appearance
- Loosens the jowls to give a sharp and natural-looking jawline
- Tightens your neck line so you have a great profile
Rhinoplasty, or a nose job, aims to reconstruct your nose to fix structural problems or simply make it look more appealing. This surgical procedure offers the following benefits.
- Fixes a broken or deformed or crooked nose
- Fixes a nose that is too big for the face
- Fixes a bump on the bridge
- Shortens a long nose
- Straightens a crooked nose
- Lifts a drooping tip of the nose
- Corrects birth defects
- Improves breathing by unblocking the nasal passage
- Helps with sinus problems
- Reduces snoring
- Improves the facial appearance and adds to your attractiveness
- Offers a major boost in confidence – no need to feel self-conscious about your looks anymore
At Day Plastic Surgery
, you can rejuvenate your look by availing the services of an expert professional surgeon to enjoy maximum benefits without the worry of any side effect. You deserve to look and feel good this holiday season! For more information on earlobe repair surgery, liposuction, face or necklift or rhinoplasty, you may visit Dr. Norman Bakshandeh Day at Day Plastic Surgery
. Dr. Day is happy to schedule a free consultation with his patients. You can call him at (212) 289-9191 in Manhattan where his clinic and ambulatory surgery center at 1035 Park Ave, New York, NY 10028, b/t 85th St & 86th St, Upper East Side. You can also call him at (718) 246-0130 at his office located at 142 Joralemon Street in downtown Brooklyn Heights next to the Brooklyn Promenade. It’s time to get holiday ready!
9/8/2018 11:45:00 PM |
Being overweight and obese are two common rising concerns for both men and women in today’s world. And thus, it is easy to see why fat-removing treatments are gaining so much popularity. However, despite what many may think surgery does not replace weight loss, it needs to be done in conjunction with weight loss to get the maximum effect.
There are several treatments out there, including liposuction and tummy tuck, and this may cause a lot of confusion for people who are not familiar with these terms and procedures.The tummy tuck and its benefits
Also known as abdominoplasty, the tummy tuck is designed to remove excess fat and skin of the abdomen to improve its appearance. This excess is sometimes called an apron and happens with weight loss and gain or pregnancy. Twin pregnancies are especially likely to cause problems with excess skin.The benefits of the tummy tuck include:
Liposuction and its benefits
- Removal of loose skin and fat
- Removal of stretch marks and excess skin below the belly button
- Tightening of a weak fascia (the abdominal connective tissue) and muscles that are stretched and displaced with pregnancy, especially twin pregnancy. This is also called a diastasis recti.
- Women who have had a C-section are very good candidates for a tummy tuck since it leaves a similar but longer scar. Sometimes, a tummy tuck is combined with other cosmetic procedures, such as liposuction that aim to contour the body.
Liposuction not only targets the abdomen and waist but also helps in removing fat from a variety of body areas, including:
- Hips and buttocks
- Upper arms
- Chest area
- Inner knee
- Calves and ankles
- Cheeks, chin, and neck
To reshape these areas and make them slimmer, liposuction removes excess fat deposits and improves body contours and proportion. Again it does not work for weight loss, just body contouring.
With more consistent and predictable results than other non-invasive treatments, liposuction is capable of treating large areas in a single procedure. Tummy tuck procedure
The procedure of a tummy tuck is as follows:
- Your anesthesiologist will give you anesthesia to keep you comfortable and safe and free of pain.
- Your surgeon will make an incision similar to a C-section but longer and an oval-shaped incision around your belly button. The muscles of your abdominal wall are tightened so there is no longer a gap between the muscles. All of the skin and fat below your belly button and above your pubic hair is removed. The skin which before the tummy tuck is at your belly button will be moved to your pubis thus removing the excess hanging skin and fat.
- The skin around your belly button will remain in the same place. Your surgeon will bring out your belly button through a small incision through the skin.
- Your surgeon will stitch the incision together with multiple layers of fine sutures removing all of the tension so you end up with a beautiful thin scar that will eventually fade with time, leaving a scar that falls along the natural undergarment line that can be easily hidden underneath clothing.
- The tummy tuck procedure usually takes about two to three hours. You are always given an antibiotic prior to the surgery starting through the intravenous to reduce the likelihood of an infection.
Following are the procedural steps:
- You will be given anesthesia.
- Through a small incision the size of a pencil your surgeon will insert a thin, hollow tube and move it in a back-and-forth motion through the fat to loosen the fat.
- The dislodged fat will be suctioned out using a syringe or a surgical vacuum.
You will be able to see the proper results of liposuction once the swelling and fluid retention wears down. This is evident immediately after the surgery and will only improve with time. It takes about 3 to 6 months for most of the healing to occur.
To enjoy the long-term benefits of these surgical treatments, consider maintaining a healthy weight after the surgery. Both treatments work wonders to give your body a toned and tight appearance.
If you are considering a tummy tuck or liposuction, you may visit Dr. Norman Bakshandeh Day at Day Plastic Surgery. Dr. Day is happy to schedule a free consultation with his patients.
You can call him at (212) 289-9191 in Manhattan where his clinic and ambulatory surgery center are located at 1035 Park Ave, New York, NY 10028, b/t 85th St & 86th St. You can also call him at (718) 246-0130 at his office located at 142 Joralemon Street in downtown Brooklyn Heights next to the Brooklyn Promenade. Brooklyn Heights is one of the most desirable and beautiful neighborhoods in Brooklyn.
8/4/2018 12:35:00 AM |
Rhinoplasty or nose reshaping surgery still remains one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures. Some reasons behind its immense popularity are that it corrects nasal breathing and the aesthetic appearance of the nose at the same time. A bump on the bridge, a droopy tip, or crooked nose may all be the cause. Often, men and women can have low self-esteem due to the appearance of their nose! A nose that is too big for the face can also be the reason for a rhinoplasty.
What we shouldn’t forget though is that we all have been given a unique facial structure naturally. That makes each surgery tricky business and equally unique. You should trust the shaping of your nose to someone with experience and artistic disposition like Dr. Norman Bakshandeh Day. You should have a discussion with your surgeon on what would work for you and look best on you. A nose that fits one face is not appropriate for someone else. The size of the nose also needs to be adjusted based on your facial size, sex and your height. Here are some things to keep in mind when considering rhinoplasty:
1) Reshaping of the nose through rhinoplasty is considered a most challenging plastic surgery. It is crucial that your surgeon has superior surgical skill and an artistic eye! You should choose your surgeon wisely and choose someone who will take great care of you.
2) You may admire somebody’s nose. But never forget, it isn’t just the nose that makes them look so good. It is a combination of their facial features, which is why there is no guarantee that the specific style you like will look similarly great on you too. Your surgeon needs to have an artistic eye. Discuss this with your surgeon before the procedure for a nose job that looks natural.
3) The patient’s healing rate, age, and preexisting nose also factor in how quickly one recovers from the procedure. Again, a discussion with your surgeon is in order to avoid plastic surgery gone wrong!
4) Lastly, today rhinoplasty is more predictable than ever. Using state of the art techniques, it is now possible to get the nose that you desire. Dr. Bakshandeh does most of his rhinoplasty with an open technique which allows direct visualization of every component of the nose. This is a structural and aesthetic rhinoplasty. The nose is not reduced and made smaller just by removal. A modern rhinoplasty is accomplished with restructuring the existing nose into a new shape that better fits the face. Dr. Bakshandeh does the incisions with the smallest of osteotomes so the cuts are precise. The swelling and bruising after the surgery are therefore little and minimized. That’s why you should not underestimate the surgical and artistic skill of the surgeon working on you.
For more information on rhinoplasty, liposuction, or tummy tuck, you may visit Dr. Norman Bakshandeh Day at Day Plastic Surgery
. Dr. Day is happy to schedule a free consultation with his patients. You can call him at (212) 289-9191 in Manhattan where his clinic and ambulatory surgery center are located at 1035 Park Ave, New York, NY 10028, b/t 85th St & 86th St. The Upper East Side is in one of the most exclusive neighborhoods in New York. You can also call him at (718) 246-0130 at his office located at 142 Joralemon Street in downtown Brooklyn Heights next to the Brooklyn Promenade. Brooklyn Heights is one of the most desirable and beautiful neighborhoods in Brooklyn. A New Nose. A New You. Call Today.
6/29/2018 3:50:00 PM |
Tired of having a boyish figure?
Want to be the proud and sexy owner of a new hourglass shaped body?
Don’t know which surgical option would be right for the job?
If similar thoughts have been revolving in your head, then we have a solution for you!
You can have that curvy figure you have always dreamed of with the help of the Brazilian Butt Lift or BBL. What is that you ask? Think of it as a combination of liposculpting and fat transfer.
The Brazilian Butt Lift will transform your figure completely!
What does Fat Transfer mean?
A Brazilian Butt Lift or BBL is done with Fat transfer. This is a process for the Brazilian Butt Lift or BBL where fat from other parts of your body, such as thighs, back, and abdomen, is used to augment your hips and buttocks for that curvaceous dream bod you desire!
The fat suctioned from different areas is purified before being added to the buttock region. As an expert, Dr. Bakshandeh will do this gradually and strategically to inject the fat at varying depths for a natural look.What others reasons make Brazilian Butt Lift or BBL a popular choice?
- Here are some other benefits of the Brazilian Butt Lift or BBL:
- The problem areas that are surrounded by stubborn fat are usually the ones that are liposuctioned. Thus, you can achieve the figure you deserve that diet and exercise has denied you so far! You will look better just with the liposculpture and even better with the fat transfer and Brazilian Butt Lift or BBL.
- When the other areas look leaner, your butt becomes more noticeable, and your body looks more curvacious.
Since Dr. Day will be using your own highly purified fat, this greatly decreases the risk of developing an infection or your body having an adverse reaction to the new procedure.
A short downtime is an added bonus to the fact that you only need to get one surgical procedure done for twice the benefits!
With so many terms being bandied about, one procedure could have several names. This can be confusing for you and keep you from having the figure you desire. Don’t trust just anyone with your health and body. We recommend you visit Dr. Norman Bakshandeh Day at Day Plastic Surgery
for spectacular results. Come to 1035 Park Ave, New York, NY 10028, b/t 85th St & 86th St, Upper East Side (212) 289-9191 or 142 Joralemon Street, Brooklyn, NY b/t Clinton and Henry Streets, Brooklyn Heights (718) 246-0130 and discuss your buttock augmentation options.
6/9/2018 3:25:00 PM |
It isn’t just enough for men to look smartly dressed today. To make an impression, you should look young and fit. With the evolution of surgical procedures, it is possible for you to be at your best for a long long time!
Plastic surgery now offers solutions that are specific to the needs and gender of its consumers. Whether you are looking for a trimmer waistline or to look more fit in your clothes or to just look better, there is a procedure just right for you.
Check out some of the plastic surgery types that are popular among men these days:
This condition is quite common in men. If you have been noticing that your chest and pectoral muscles look full, or you have a prominent chest or breast that may resemble a female breast, then you have gynecomastia and we have the perfect solution for you. The procedure doesn’t take too long and involves the removal of the extra fatty tissue around the pectoral area with liposuction and removal of the excess breast through a very small inconspicuous incision. By entrusting yourself to capable hands, you will be up and about within 2-3 days.
The nose granted to us by nature is far from perfect. It could be bumpy or the tip could be full, round or a boxy and needs a change of shape. There are men who experience problems with breathing due to a deviated septa. In addition, you a broken nose could cause a deviated septum that needs to be fixed. Most conditions can be corrected or at least improved significantly by rhinoplasty. The procedure is very effective and the swelling goes down gradually in weeks.
Stubborn fat, such as the one forming love handles, may be hard to lose regardless of how hard you diet or exercise. Since this fat is in discrete and localized pockets covering muscles, you can never see the muscle tone despite diet and exercise. If you find yourself in such a situation, remember liposuction can help. With its help, you will be able to show muscle definition, lose your love handles and stubborn abdominal fat and look better with and without your clothes. You will be on your way to a contoured stomach and waistline.
If stress has left wrinkles behind, then you might need to visit Dr. Norman B. Day, for this type of treatment. Injections are the best way to get rid of crow’s feet and frown lines. Moreover, they can also be used to fill deep creases in face and chin. The right injectable can also get rid of deep pitted acne scars. You will walk out looking younger, well-rested, and healthier.
You might have worked hard to lose weight and experience success. However, when you look down at your abdomen, the hanging skin there tells another story. A Tummy Tuck also known as an abdominoplasty, can be a great solution for you since you need to tighten up that skin. Besides that, tightening up of loose abdominal muscles and correction of neglected hernias is also possible with a tummy tuck.
The perfect solution to your problem awaits you at Dr. Norman B. Day’s Day Plastic Surgery. See you there!
5/4/2018 12:09:00 PM |
Dr. Norman Bakshandeh Day, FACSDo you miss your pre-pregnancy body?
Do you miss having the full breasts that you had when you were pregnant?Are you thinking about ways to get back your firm tummy and tighten up saggy breasts?Are you tired of your bulging upper belly?Are you tired of having an“outie” for a belly button as opposed to an“innie”?Has losing weight post-pregnancy done nothing to your bulging belly or sagging breasts?Are your dress choices limited because of your figure after having children?Has age left you with a bulging belly that has negatively influenced the body-confidence you used to have?
If you have answered YES
to most of these questions, you should be considering a mommy makeover! What are mommy makeovers, you ask? Mommy makeovers are designed to return the pre-baby figures to moms after they have had their children. Do you think that might be taking things too far? Well, keep reading and you will soon see this is the gift you owe to yourself this Mother’s Day!Tummy Tuck
One of the surgical procedures that are typically included in mommy makeovers is a tummy tuck. If you’ve had children, then you might be familiar with the loosening up and sagging of your skin in your midsection and lower part of your abdomen. Even after having worked out or trying diets, your tummy remains stubbornly protruding. Moreover, the abdominal muscles can also weaken or separate due to pregnancy. This is called a Diastasis Recti. No amount of exercise will correct this. Only surgical repair will help. A tummy tuck can change all that! By the way, not all patients need a full tummy tuck. Some will benefit from a mini-tummy tuck as well.Breast Augmentation Surgery
In the simplest terms, breast augmentation involves breast enlargement with the use of implants. However the breasts can be enlarged naturally with your own fat as well with liposuction and fat transfer. Before you lose interest and think that this surgery is purely cosmetic, consider the following reasons for breast augmentation:
• Enlarge smaller-sized breasts
• Regain volume/shape lost due to factors, such as weight, pregnancy, and breastfeeding.
• Correct mal-positioned or unequal sized breasts
• Take fat from one part of the body where you don’t want it and transfer it to your breasts for more fullness and shape.Liposuction
A mother’s life changes in many aspects after childbirth. This includes how her body distributes fat, which is why she might end up with pockets of said fat post-pregnancy. These are usually located on the upper arms, abdomen, and thighs. While diet and exercise might not be effective in getting rid of this fat, liposuction can! During this procedure, excess fat is removed from different parts of your body. Recovery from liposuction is relatively short. The result is a firm body with tight skin, and a youthful appearance.
If you have any questions regarding the procedures involved in mommy makeovers, don’t hesitate to visit Dr. Norman B. Day at Day Plastic Surgery!
This Mother’s Day give yourself the gift of youth – we’ll be right there to guide you through each step!
4/19/2018 4:31:00 PM |
Keloids – What Are They?
Collagen is naturally produced in the body to heal wounds and form scar tissue. However, aggressive and constant collagen production in an area can lead to a keloid.
Keloids – What Do They Look Like?
Keloid scars usually have the following characteristics:
Keloids – Why Is Removal Necessary?
- Hard to touch
- Shiny appearance
- Raised above the skin
- Might be itchy
- May develop a lumpy appearance
- Sometimes have hair growing through keloid
- Hairlessness on ears
- Continuing to grow and spread
- New ones are red or purple
- Older scars may turn pale and flatten with time and treatment
1) Keloids that are flat and painful are often found located in the mid-line of the chest. However, keloids can occur on any part of the body. People who are prone to develop keloids can get them from any type of injury, even a scratch or a pimple. They are known to be hyper-inflammatory. Such scars and keloids are tender to touch and can form at any age. Until they are removed, they could keep hurting an individual all day long, making it difficult for them to function i.e. go to work etc. Management of hyper-inflammatory keloids can be quite challenging.
2) Not all keloids give rise to physical pain. All scars are not keloids. Some scars can be thick and they are called hypertrophic scars. Some scars are truly painful. Scars and keloids that disfigure someone’s face or other prominent part of the body can be affecting their life and their function. Removal of such scars and keloids can be treated. Some scars and keloids are treated with injections only. Some will benefit from surgery. Some will benefit from a combination of surgery and injection. Some keloids also benefit from radiation therapy in combination with surgery.
3) Other keloids can be located in places that limit range of mobility, such as the neck or knee. A tight scar that occurs near a joint could affect its movement. Such scars might keep a person from performing their job etc. Their removal is also a medical necessity.Keloids – Will My Insurance Cover It?
Keloid removal can be a medically necessary procedure. Most insurance companies and Medicare will cover Keloid removal procedures and reconstruction including:
- When the disfigurement caused by keloid scars interferes with daily activities
- When keloid removal is done as a part of a post-accident reconstruction
- When there is pain and drainage of pus from the site
Simply visit Day Plastic Surgery at 1035 Park Ave, New York located on Park Ave. and 86th Street on the Upper East Side or my office in Brooklyn at 142 Joralemon Street in downtown Brooklyn by the Brooklyn Promenade and Court Street. Or, dial +1-212-289-9191 or +1-718-246-0130 to take your first step toward a pain-free, keloid free life!
3/16/2018 5:55:00 PM |
Pregnancy can leave women with hernias because of the breaking down and weakening of the abdominal wall. During pregnancy, the baby exerts increased intra-abdominal pressure that can test the strength and integrity of the abdominal wall.
Such hernias aren’t always painful and are characterized by a lump above or within the belly button. You may not like the way your belly button looks. You may have what we call an “outie” which is really an umbilical hernia. This can be fixed and your belly button will be converted from an “outie” to a “innie.” You might think correction of the condition as unnecessary if it isn’t causing you pain. However, besides dealing with postpartum hernia symptoms, leaving the hernia untreated can mean content might get trapped in it. If that happens, the results could be life-threatening.
However, it isn’t all bad news. Therefore, stop putting all your faith in treating and healing your umbilical hernia and diastasis repair in after pregnancy exercises. You need to look for other options as well. Surgery can help. After all, with a good surgical team in your corner, you can turn things around!
Make the Post-Pregnancy Hernia Surgery Work in your Favor
Luckily, even a post-pregnancy hernia surgery can be made to work in your favor! When undergoing hernia repair, you can also have the hanging lower abdominal skin and fat removed and tucked in. If you require correction of diastasis recti – which is a pure separation of the abdominal muscles – that is possible too. It can be done simultaneously while you are already anesthetized. The combination of the diastasis repair and removal of the excess skin of your lower abdomen is called a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty. Other benefits of combining the two surgeries i.e. abdominoplasty and hernia repair include:
- You save on time and money since a medically necessary procedure is being combined with an elective procedure and both are taken care of for you at the same time.
- The surgery will reduce the chance of repeat hernias.
- Combining the two surgeries would mean you won’t be lengthening your recovery period.
- Since abdominoplasty by itself is considered a cosmetic procedure done for aesthetic reasons, your insurance company will not cover its cost. However, combined with a hernia repair, which is considered medically necessary, you could still end up saving money when your insurance company covers the fees for the anesthesiologist and surgery center.
- You will be able to enjoy the best of both worlds i.e. the benefits associated with a typical abdominoplasty include removal of up to 10 pounds of stomach fat!
- Your “outie” umbilicus/belly button will be converted to a “innie.”
In the hands of an expert surgeon, combined surgery can be pulled off without a hitch. Get in touch with Norman B. Day, M.D., F. A. C. S. at the Day Plastic Surgery today! Alternatively, pay us a visit in Manhattan at 1035 Park Avenue or in Brooklyn at 142 Joralemon Street, Brooklyn Heights.
Manhattan Office and AAAASF Certified Surgery Center
Phone: (212) 289-9191
Phone: (718) 246-0130
7/13/2016 7:46:00 AM |
The timing for any elective procedure is a very personal decision and can be based on a multitude of factors. Rhinoplasty is an elective procedure performed to enhance the shape and size of the nose. Just like the rest of the body the nose grows and changes as one goes from childhood to teens and maturity. The nose changes even as we get older.
Most of the changes in nose happen as children grow into their teens and maturity. The final growth of the nose is complete physically by around 15-17 years of age. This is a good time to contemplate your Rhinoplasty. You can have a Rhinoplasty at any time after the age of 15-17 years when the nasal growth is completed.
Fitness celebrity Jillian Michaels spoke to People Magazine about what her Rhinoplasty surgery meant to her, " I had my nose done when I was 16 years old. And I'll be honest, it did change my life... if there is something you want to fix that allows you to feel a little bit more confident, I support it.“
There are many people who have Rhinoplasty at a later age. These are patients who have contemplated having the surgery and have postponed it for various personal reasons. Finally many have injuries to their nose from sports or other accidents. The nose can develop structural deformities to the septum making it crooked or they may develop bumps from overgrowth of bone and cartilage in areas of damage. These can be corrected at the time of the septoplasty with a Rhinoplasty being performed at the same time to correct the shape of the nose and the tip and to create a more balanced finish with harmony to the face.
To read more about Rhinoplasty, please click here
7/7/2016 8:33:00 AM |
Plastic surgeons and cosmetic surgeons are not the same. Plastic surgeons are far better trained and have the ability to navigate difficult problems or situations that can arise during any surgical procedure. It is a myth propagated by cosmetic surgeons that they are equally or more qualified than plastic surgeons to perform what we call plastic surgery or what they call cosmetic surgery. The origin of plastic surgery comes from the Greek word PLASTOS which means to reshape or mold. And this is what the plastic surgeon does, whether the procedure is for aesthetic reasons or for reconstructive purposes.
The whole premise of a cosmetic surgery degree is ridiculous. The idea of saying you have been involved in 300 procedures some of which can be purely observational as the foundation for your training or expertise sounds pretty lame. And as your Venn diagram shows, yes aesthetic procedures may be only 1/6 of training a plastic surgeon is receiving, but that also means that this same surgeon is 6 times better trained.
And maybe you should also note that every time we do a breast reconstruction, the patient is having a tummy tuck at the same time. Every time we do fat grafting, the patient is having liposuction. And very facial fracture that is repaired requires the same exposure as doing an entire Blepharoplasty plus more, and every burn we treat requires knowledge about wound healing and scarring and post operative scar management and every keloid that we treat requires the knowledge of how to treat these difficult problems. And every breast reduction is a larger version of a breast lift and some breast lifts are just small breast reductions.
The bottom line is that plastic surgeons are the better trained surgeons and the more qualified to do this surgery. If you need a cosmetic surgeon there are plenty of them abroad in the Dominican Republic and elsewhere . You may have read about some of the disastrous results in the news.
6/21/2016 6:23:00 AM |
Spotlight on Men:
I recently read an article in the Huffington Post which highlighted the most popular plastic procedures for men. I thought I would share my thoughts on the subject.
Liposuction is a phenomenal adjunct to a healthy lifestyle and exercise accentuation the positive characteristics in the body already developed by this lifestyle with minor adjustments. Most men have retained fat in their love handles and hips which is easily treated with liposuction. The liposuction can also contour and thin out the abdominal wall allowing better visualization of the abdominal musculature . this is called lipo sculpture. The downtime after surgery is 2-3 days.
For older men looking to refresh their look, platysma plasty or tightening of the neck musculature and skin with additional weel placed fat grafting to refresh the face is the best way to pull the clock back in men without giving them a fake pulled or artificial look. The downtime is a couple of days, there may be some bruising which goes away quickly. Fat can be suctioned and injected along the neck and jaw lines to improve jowling and even to improve smaller chins. In those who are candidates, blepharoplasty or surgical rejuvenation of the eyelids is the best way to take the clock back. Skin and fat is removed from the upper eyelid judiciously and lower eyelid fat is repositioned and sculpted.
Quick fixes are botox for foreheads and the so called 11 above the nose or glabellar creases and injections for the nasolabial fold and volume loss of the cheeks and to supplement and accentuate the cheekbones.
6/1/2016 2:15:00 PM |
|Blake Lively after Plastic Surgery|
In a recent article in the Huffington Post, Antonia Mariconda wrote,"I'm tired of seeing 'cosmetic surgery shaming' on a daily basis in the media, why can't people get over the fact that there is nothing newsworthy in a celebrity that has had a nip or tuck or tweak?" She continues, "We aren't strangers to the number of negative characteristics that are attributed with both women and men who dare to go under the knife. Although, cosmetic surgery is now more accepted than ever before, a large number of people are still willing to name-call people who have done it."
I had some thoughts on this story that I would like to share in this post. The creed of the plastic surgeon described by Sir Harold Gillies and then Ralph Millard is to restore what has been changed by life, trauma, or war using aesthetic principles, and to bring back normalcy and to make the unit whole again.
This is what we all of strive for as plastic surgeons. Looking and feeling whole can be also called looking and feeling good. There is no shame in this... and if a procedure allows this to happen then that is also good.
The art of plastic surgery is intertwined with the science. Unless you understand what the patient wants you cannot deliver what they need. That's the art. But you also have to know what is wrong in order to improve or fix it. That's the science part.
|Jillian Michaels before and after Rhinoplasty|
Rhinoplasty is the perfect example of a procedure that can improve and enhance self confidence. This is something that was created by nature and is being altered and improved by surgery. Breast augmentation after multiple pregnancies is repairing what has happened with aging and making this individual whole again. There is no shame in this. And if the surgery is done primarily for smaller breasts, this again is like rhinoplasty, improving image and self confidence. And if you are happy with what you have then that is great as well.
|Diane Kruger after Breast Augmentation|
I do not condone extreme surgery regardless of the reasoning. Our goal is not to create the abnormal or the extremely grotesque. This is completely in line with normal behavior and has nothing to do with body dysmorphic disorder of behavior. Unfortunately, these individuals have an incorrect perception of what is wrong and, yes, surgery is not the answer for them.
5/25/2016 12:43:00 PM |
Hello, and welcome! We're excited to announce the official launch of our Day Plastic Surgery blog.
We'll be posting helpful information on enhancing your natural beauty, news from the medical industry, news from our practice, and more about the latest in plastic surgery. Dr. Norman Day's mission is to achieve the finest, most optimal aesthetic outcome for his patients. He provides patients with personalized expert care that meets and exceeds needs and expectations. We want our online presence to be a reflection of those principles. We hope this blog provides an extra level of service to our current and future patients.
If you would like to stay up to date on the latest from Day Plastic Surgery, simply click the RSS “Subscribe to feed” link located on our website and subscribe. Our subscribers will be updated when we make a new blog post.
Thank you again for reading about our practice!